Living Life Balanced
Living Life Balanced...what does that mean exactly? It depends who you ask! A balanced lifestyle is going to look different for every individual person. For me, it means being healthy; mind, body and soul.
Digging a little deeper...it means that I am happy with what I am doing daily, that I am being a good person, that I feel a connection with my family, friends and community and that I feel healthy and energized each day.
There are 9 dimensions of wellness and each one is interconnected with the other. If one is thrown off, it is likely to impact most of the others. The 9 dimensions include:
While I mainly help others focus on the physical aspects of wellness, I also help to look into the other dimensions to provide an overall balance for my clients.
In the physical dimension, I help others to see that there is no such thing as being perfect...and that is ok! You have to do the best with what you can and try to be a little better each day. There is also no such thing as the perfect diet. The key to a healthy diet is variety. Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, proteins - mainly whole foods, but also understand that a treat here and there is not a problem. Enjoy your pizza, burger, chips, beer, wine, chocolate, cookies etc., just do so in moderation. Aim to keep about 80% of your diet clean and enjoy whatever you want for the other 20%. This will help to keep you sane, from binge eating and craving the "unhealthy" food/drinks. If you go 100% all in, you can only keep that up for so long without reaching a breaking point. That is the problem with fad diets, restricting foods and/or cutting too many calories.
Be active in the way that fits you best. If you hate the exercises you are doing, you won't keep it up. Find what you love (or at least like or tolerate) and work on that. Try to get at least 30 minutes of activity 5 days a week. Does that seem out of reach for you? Then just try to do a little more than you did yesterday, move your body, feel alive!
Aim to get 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Make it a priority, keep working at it until it is a routine. Sleep is so important to all aspects of your life and helps to provide the energy you need to do everything else during your day.
Don't forget to visit your doctor! Do you go to your primary care doctor, eye doctor, dentist, dermatologist, etc. routinely? If not, start going! Take care of yourself - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Again, you don't have to be perfect, just do a little better than you did yesterday.
Eat well, live well, be happy, love others, love yourself.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Elena McCown, LLC will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated! The information I provide is not to take the place of your personal physician’s advice and is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease. Please discuss this information with your own healthcare provider to determine what is right for you. All information is intended for your general knowledge and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. I share general health and wellness recipes, ideas, documents, motivation and other related information that is aimed to help you take your health into your own hands.
Leave a Reply.
I am a food loving, activity seeking health coach who resides in Franklin, TN with my husband and two sweet dogs (Lola & Penny).
I believe everyone should eat balanced and not cut food groups if you don't medically need to. All foods can fit in a healthy diet. Unfortunately, I have to avoid gluten and also limit myself with dairy, so my goal is to provide healthy, gluten-free/dairy-free recipes so EVERYONE can enjoy all foods, even if you do have to cut out certain food groups. My recipes are encouraged for everyone to eat, not just for those with sensitivities/allergies! Most of my recipes can be easily converted by using real dairy and whole-wheat in place of my allergy-free substitutes.
Looking for something specific? Everything can be found by category under the "Life" and "Recipes" sections on my website or you can search below.